John Venema

announcement
Orbx 2017 Roadmap

192 posts in this topic

ID: 3   Posted (edited)

Pah! - 64 bit is soooo 2015. When will we see proper 128 bit? - we've waited long enough! (thought I'd like to get in with the first moan <grin>)

But seriously . . . thank you for sharing this, thank you and all the developers for all the good stuff so far and looking forward to another year of wondrous new products. It all sounds great!

Edited by andy1252
typo

Thanks John, that's the type of announcements we all prefer to hear. Wishing you and your team all the best and success in your adventures.

And not to forget, a Merry Christmas and a happy year 2017.

Kind regareds, Michael

Well!

With all this coming down the pike I won't be taking up golf any time soon!:)

Appreciate the heads up, looks like 2017 & beyond will be exciting in the Orbx world.

TTM

You have done it again John, dam it now every one will be trying to guess what's coming. 64 bit mmm. Anyway before I forget a happy Christmas and New year to every one here on these forums and especially John and the developers. You have all done us proud. Thank you all Derek.

Thanks John for your information. Hoping the new 64-bit projects will give the simmers a lot of fun but would also suit the existing airports and regions. Would this means the FSX-Steam will final change to 64-bit. That is my thinking.

Kind regards

Terry

I wonder what my signature will look like by this time next year. :o:)

3 minutes ago, Helifan123 said:

Here's my guess:

Project A is something totally new by Orbx, probably a new simulator? Must be standalone as he stated it will be VR and sold via Orbx Direct.

Project D: The new Dovetail Flightsim.

Project P: Prepar3D v4 64Bit

Project X: X-Plane 11

Project O: Further enhancements for Orbx Direct.

+1

"Project A" would be Aerofly FS

2 minutes ago, Vora said:

Do you really think Orbx is gonna develop addons for a simulator which hasn't any good simulated aircraft?

As always, an impressive and very exciting road map. Let the speculation begin!

3 minutes ago, Banalisator said:

Do you really think Orbx is gonna develop addons for a simulator which hasn't any good simulated aircraft?

There aren't especially many 64bit flight simulators around (no matter what your opinion might be about their planes).

Projects A, D, P, X do sound like Aerofly, Dovetail, P3D and XPlane. A complete coverage of all sims.

Sounds very good with two interrogations though

- What about an OpenLC Asia that I am not alone to long for ?

- Are the 64bit scenery tied to the launch of a P3Dv4 ?  

and a regret to see the PNG team disbanding. I couldn't get enough of them strips  ;).

Very very good road map. You did an excellent job of setting a positive tenor for the future. i am along for the ride!

Thanks John,

Greg

Sounds Great!!!

I'll be along for the ride if you don't mind :)

Cheers 

Greg Z

Thanks for the update, wonderful to see a positive outlook for the next year. And why not, the products are stunning, and the development opportunities are there. The move to 64 bit should shake things up, in the development community. It sounds like Orbx is ready, and looking ahead to a very intensive and creative year. 

42 minutes ago, Helifan123 said:

Here's my guess:

Project A is something totally new by Orbx, probably a new simulator? Must be standalone as he stated it will be VR and sold via Orbx Direct.

38 minutes ago, Vora said:

+1

Congrats, you both *may* have nailed it. And that would be amazing developments indeed. 

Kind regards, Michael

Totally forgot about Aerofly, but yes, this might be correct. AFS supports VR so it's a good guess, @Vora!

Hi

If You like mountains why not Southern Rockies or Denali (Alaska) ?

Those NA regions aren't in Your plans anymore?

Cheers

3 hours ago, John Venema said:

Jarrad will be in Europe in February

@Jarrad Marshalllet us know where you are and you´ll probably get free drinks.

2 hours ago, Helifan123 said:

Here's my guess:

That's how I read it.

Very exciting.

WOW!.... some very interesting and exciting times ahead it seems.

Wow, so much to look forward to!  Definitely along for the ride.

Regarding 64-bit, will my 90 plus Orbx scenery titles (not counting freeware) work with 64-bit?

Excellent news with some great releases coming up.

Just gets better with every passing year.

4 hours ago, John Venema said:

Alex Goff is now working full time but still actively making great little airports in the New England region

Very nice, Love little green Airports\Airstrips 

Great Post John. A lot of things to look forward to in the coming year. I really enjoy how you gave us updates via the developers as well. Heres to a "simming-ly" bright 2017!

I wish I had a time machine to just travel into December 2017 and I wake up to all of these!

Anyone here experienced in cryogenics? :P

Thanks JV for the update! Aren't there any plans for more NA regions? *Southern Rockies*

Ambitious,talented,risk...Charming! Fingers crossed for all ORBX team and all of these new projects.

2 hours ago, Jordan King said:

I wish I had a time machine to just travel into December 2017 and I wake up to all of these!

Anyone here experienced in cryogenics? :P

Why on earth would I wanna do that? I would miss out on A YEAR of simming/enjoying what I already have.. and life's short enough as it is...

Why oh why did this not exist while I was still a young man!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ID: 36   Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Jordan King said:

Absolutely, Jordan.  I hope that our wallet can cope with it ;)

When re-reading JV's announcement, one of his secret projects A to X is present tense, he does not say: it will be 64-bit, he says IT IS 64-bit. As some have already speculated here, this can only be XP. But didn't you, JV, once say, that ORBX would never develop anything for X- Plane? Our former chancellor Konrad Adenauer was famous in saying: "what can I do, I just got wiser over time"

Edited by bernd1151

ID: 38   Posted (edited)

This is a very comprehensive briefing on what we can expect, thank you JV, it was much needed. Now on the content, it is certainly worth me staying alive over the next couple of years; being eighty six means that every day is a bonus from here on. When the only flying I can do is sitting in an armchair in front of my computer flying low and slow (the only way to enjoy the magic of FTX scenery), old age is not so bad after all. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all at Orbx and to all fellow members of this Forum.

bell03.gif

Edited by hwh85

Thanks for letting us view into your crystal ball John. The orbx (and our) future look very good indeed. One day when I'm finally too old to keep my PC up with the rate of technology I invisage a time when I can sit down with a yet to be released book titled "The full and amazing story of Orbx"

Anton via Tapatalk Pro