John Venema

Project A

456 posts in this topic

Meigs! Beautiful. This is hands down the best VR platform in flight simulation. Looking forward to it! 

Stunning!

Inviato dal mio SM-J500FN utilizzando Tapatalk

Amazing fidelity. Can't want for 2017.

I don't intent to go VR, however I have been using platform A from day 1. Sign me in for this addon. This image really shows what's possible today.

Kind regards Michael

I can tell you it's incredible in VR, obviously locked at 90fps for the Rift. Load time is 9 seconds including the scenery area.

Simply amazing, - and VR will certainly be a driver for the simulation platform in 2017.  I love using my Rift in FSX today - despite limitations in resolution the immersion factor more than makes up for it.  I feel as though I am really flying rather than ever worrying about pixel fill LOL.

I'm sold!  I'm making the simulator associated with Project A, my next flight simulator (to be used alongside my current P3D setup, of course)! :)

20 minutes ago, DesertPilot said:

I'm sold!  I'm making the simulator associated with Project A, my next flight simulator (to be used alongside my current P3D setup, of course)! :)

Yeah I think I might be right behind you.

16 minutes ago, fly2012 said:

What is that? A total new flightsim? Never heard about it.

Check out this topic for details and hints as to which simulators/platforms--we don't yet have an officially announced confirmation of the platform associated with Project A.

My god!!! completely amazing!!!

The problem with this picture...It is not enough!now we want more :rolleyes:

:o :o :P :wub: :wub:

impressive....and load time 9 seconds....wow !

ID: 22   Posted (edited)

And, if project A is what I *guess" this is what you can buy already right now:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/570310/

NY DLC was released just yesterday.

I am sure ORBX will be able to do wonders based on this platform. As those pix show. Just watch them in full size.

Kind regards, Michael

Edited by pmb

This is amazing John.  Is it that new sim called Aerofly?  I think that's the name.  So will this replace P3D?  I doubt our current planes and weather and such will work in it?  It's very nice though.  

I am so in love with Orbx. :wub::wub::wub::D

Like a dream made true... When all the stuff (including P3D) will be available... My card will burn

Looks great and really looking forward to seeing more. Question: In the distance and away from the Central Business District, I can only see trees, but no buildings. Will Orbx be looking at also displaying buildings in the distance? The pics look excellent and I am sure this will be a hit with the community.

ID: 28   Posted (edited)

As much as I absolutely love this it just makes me think how much more it's going to cost me to get my sim looking as fantastic as John's does.  Hell I cannot even fly from Boston to FSDreamTeam KORD using the PMDG 777 without getting an OOM.  Ugh, SMH, just not sure what to do anymore.  Looks so beautiful for others like John's shots here (Aerofly) and seems I am so far off.

Edited by Sammy H

You guys can call me a dunderhead, but I don't really understand, without better Orbx announcements what all this Project business is.

Is it Orbx's support for many different sims?

If so how in the heck does one decide which one to be their main sim?

If P3D goes 64 I think Orbx can modify the sceneries for it but then I'd have all my planes broken.  Way too much money.  I know I buy a lot of orbx's but there's a limit.

I wish I knew more from Orbx what they're doing.

I am afraid it will be up to us to make up our minds .. at a point. Definitely too early to make final judgements at this stage, but cards will be definitely reshuffled in the next year. Fog should start to lift around the same time in 2017.

I am only sure I will not be able to maintain and stuff with addons four platforms in parallel, but this should apply to most of us.

Kind regards, Michael

Downloading A now.  Looks like I'll be eating beans instead of steak in 2017 to pay for my flightsim addiction.

6 minutes ago, Dusterman said:

Downloading A now.  Looks like I'll be eating beans instead of steak in 2017 to pay for my flightsim addiction.

Ditto, just installed A, and now sitting on the runway, not sure how to get the plane flying. :D

Just have to find the assignments for controls, keyboard, etc. :)

Yes it's Aerofly FS2 !  Look at the registration number of the Cessna in JV's pictures.  It's the same registration number from Steam pictures FS2 Cessna

39 minutes ago, DesertPilot said:

Just have to find the assignments for controls, keyboard, etc. :)

Here's a beginner's manual

http://www.ikarus.net/en/manual-aeroflyfs2/

I asked them twice to link to it from the Steam page but they didn't,

Kind regards, Michael

ID: 36   Posted (edited)

After flying the incredible New York City and Switzerland add-on sceneries in Aerofly FS 2, I can see why Orbx is getting involved.  Customers will flock to the best simulators of the future, and Orbx is working to be there for them.

"A" is so easy to start, select location and aircraft, and begin flying, in a matter of seconds. Important for me, as I'm quite pressed for time.

Edited by DesertPilot

WOW. amazing. That is why it calls Project A.  Project A = AeroFly 

Amazing scenery. I am tempted to get it just for the VR experience. But...

After reading a large number of reviews on Steam, I get the picture that Aerofly is a game, not a sim. It's not even trying to be a sim. I will be watching closely, but my wallet won't empty until I see real weather, physics, and deep aircraft systems. World coverage would be an added bonus but it's not a deal breaker since I fly GA only. Gimme Socal with every airport and photoreal coverage, and I'd be golden!

Much potential. I hope it succeeds.