Thundercat7100

RealAir Lancair Legacy zips around Darrington

11 posts in this topic

Holy Cow, you sure were in a hurry to get to the runway!  :)

I can think you woke up all those hibernating bears in the area and scared the poo out if the wildlife...lol

What you need to do is check your " gforce box " in the realism setting and see how many times the screen turns red or how many times you pass out!

Fun flying indeed and that was one hell of a departing the runway on landing...I heard the tires screetching during the right turn!

6 hours ago, FSRobert said:

Holy Cow, you sure were in a hurry to get to the runway!  :)

I can think you woke up all those hibernating bears in the area and scared the poo out if the wildlife...lol

What you need to do is check your " gforce box " in the realism setting and see how many times the screen turns red or how many times you pass out!

Fun flying indeed and that was one hell of a departing the runway on landing...I heard the tires screetching during the right turn!

This is how my setup always is - is there something else I'm missing?  I wasn't aware that there were simulated gforces that showed up on screen.  I would love to see that.  Thanks for the headsup!

indeed.png

I see you have the box checked.  Did you have it checked during the making of the video?  

If  I remember correctly the screen shows a bit fuzzy/red during high speed turns and thus creating G's. seems to me you should have created G's with those maneuvers you did. 

I'll try it again now and see what I can find.  I've never adjusted any of those settings before so I'm a bit confused why I'm not seeing it.  If all goes well I'll be blacking out here shortly. :) Wish me luck!

"Nomen est omen..."? 

Unbelievable scenery indeed. You're either member of the RedBull Team or there are strong suicidal tendencies. Sorry, you 'll never get a ride my plane.... :blink::rolleyes:

Happy new year and

always good landings!

Fritz

Seems I was wrong. I did try using a GA aircraft and pulling some crazy stunts with the Gforce effect checked and nothing happened. But, I remember seeing the effect before so I jumped into the F22 and here is the video...its a rough video but you will get the idea. I did jump to outside views once the effect took place to give you a idea then jumped back in the VC. I was flying very radical but it was fun.

Maybe the effects are not in a GA aircraft only fighters?

12 hours ago, FSRobert said:

Seems I was wrong. I did try using a GA aircraft and pulling some crazy stunts with the Gforce effect checked and nothing happened. But, I remember seeing the effect before so I jumped into the F22 and here is the video...its a rough video but you will get the idea. I did jump to outside views once the effect took place to give you a idea then jumped back in the VC. I was flying very radical but it was fun.

Maybe the effects are not in a GA aircraft only fighters?

Interesting.  I would really like to experience those effects in my aircraft.  Maybe it's just a bug that LM will get around to addressing someday.  Thanks for bringing this up.  Happy new year!

Thundercat7100,

I really enjoyed your videos! I like this type of flying. I have also a few videos here with this type of flying. I like the SF260 by RealAir. What a pity I was busy with the new FTX C v3, as I forgot to buy the RealAir Lancair Legacy, because a month ago RealAir was terminated, as one of the owners wife got ill... We can't buy it now... :(

For G effects to appear in a GA aircraft, you still need to have +5 G for 10 sec or so, or -2.5 / -3 G also for a sustained period.

18 hours ago, raymondgoubet said:

Thundercat7100,

I really enjoyed your videos! I like this type of flying. I have also a few videos here with this type of flying. I like the SF260 by RealAir. What a pity I was busy with the new FTX C v3, as I forgot to buy the RealAir Lancair Legacy, because a month ago RealAir was terminated, as one of the owners wife got ill... We can't buy it now... :(

For G effects to appear in a GA aircraft, you still need to have +5 G for 10 sec or so, or -2.5 / -3 G also for a sustained period.

Thanks, the videos are fun to make.  I used to frequently check the RealAir page, and I saw that closure announcement.  Sad indeed.  I believe the post said that the wife is recovering, but still.  

I have to say, I use the Turbine Duke v2 and the Lancair Legacy v2 probably more than anything else, with a third place going to the q400.