John Venema

Prepar3D V4 - 64bit! Orbx preview 4K screenshots

157 posts in this topic

ID: 2   Posted

Beautiful John. Look forward to seeing ORBX take advantage of the new lighting options. 

ID: 3   Posted

Well, I posted 2 minutes ago that I wanted to see this, JV- I was worried that 4am on the east coast might be a bit late,but stoked to see these! 

ID: 4   Posted

wow! finally those blurries are gone!

ID: 5   Posted

I'm as excited as anyone for the P3D v4 release. Like many others, I've got so much invested in scenery and aircraft that I look forward to seeing it all with a modified engine.

However, I'm comparing these screenshots with those that Jarrod posted Aerofly FS2/Innsbruck right now. The AF2 ones look far,far better when you put the two side by side. So I think I'm still more excited for the 15th June than the 30th May. :) 

ID: 6   Posted (edited)

Thanks Mr. JV, this has been the moment I have been waiting for.  I have to admit, it came much much sooner than I expected but this will be a day one buy.  Everything looks beautiful, and no problem with Orbx stuff, if it takes a while no problem, at least I can remove VAS and OOM from my vocabulary.

One more thing, how are the default planes?

Edited by Jack Sawyer

ID: 7   Posted (edited)

Thanks for sharing JV. This moment could not have come soon enough. Looks incredible. Can't wait to upgrade. 

[runs to A2A forum to see if planes are compatible]

Edited by CrownCityMisfit

ID: 8   Posted

15 minutes ago, John Venema said:

3rd party aircraft using XML work fine in the sim.

37Rl.jpg

Thanks for this info as well. This is absolutely critical. You've made my day JV.

ID: 10   Posted

Thank you for sharing John!

Greg

ID: 11   Posted

is there going to be a way to use same prev. Orbx installation from V3 (something like alias to V4) instead of having a duplicate installation on same SSD if I have V3 already installed with all Orbx addons?

ID: 12   Posted

No, there's no alias option, only the ability to copy from your V3 installation instead of re-downloading.

SSD's are so cheap these days, I use a 2TB Samsung EVO.2 960 which has five (5!) simulators installed plus scenery for each, and it's only half full.

ID: 13   Posted

So it is true, Christmas really did come early this year. Hat off to the OrbX guys, it looks amazing

ID: 14   Posted

Very nice, I was determined to buy it on day 1 anyway, but the feature list and first shots/videos -  including those above - look even more promising than I imagined.

Kind regards, Michael

ID: 15   Posted

oh my gosh.... thks for sharing

ID: 16   Posted

This is terrific news John! Thanks for sharing with us! Have you tried with your Occulus yet?

Brian

ID: 17   Posted

Oh my!

Prepare for internet meltdown on the 30th then!

Looking great though, has a minimum spec been posted of what we'll need to run it?

ID: 18   Posted (edited)

54 minutes ago, John Venema said:

3rd party aircraft using XML work fine in the sim.

37Rl.jpg

Fantastic to see the Lancair Legacy can be installed in V4. One of my key tools...!

Edited by Stillwater

ID: 19   Posted

4 minutes ago, BrianU said:

This is terrific news John! Thanks for sharing with us! Have you tried with your Occulus yet?

Brian

Yes Oculus Rift performance is much smoother even at max settings.

ID: 20   Posted

Absolutely beautiful.  Thanks John!

ID: 21   Posted

Wow - and I can finally have tons of road and AI traffic.  Mostly road traffic. This is amazing...I knew this day would come.

Looking forward to 64 bit and finally whack 32bit sim out of my computer for good.

ID: 22   Posted

30 minutes ago, pmb said:

Very nice, I was determined to buy it on day 1 anyway, but the feature list and first shots/videos -  including those above - look even more promising than I imagined.

Kind regards, Michael

Me too, I cannot wait

ID: 23   Posted

18 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Fantastic to see the Lancair Legacy can be installed in V4. One of my key tools...!

and again me too, Really happy it works, I guess we just copy over the files rather than run the installer, @JV is that right????

ID: 24   Posted

This is very exciting indeed! It is as I have been hoping for as well, as I very much wish to stick with P3D. I will be watching from the sidelines though, until sometime in August when I can setup my flight sim cockpit again in Colorado. In the meantime, I will just have to enjoy watching all of YOU enjoy P3D v4 when it's released.

ID: 25   Posted

waht ist performance with 6+ core cpu gtx 1080 with pmdg 737 + rex/activesky 16 ?

ID: 26   Posted

Yes Oculus Rift performance is much smoother even at max settings.

Great news!   Does V4 allow you to click switches etc in VR natively or will something like flying inside be needed as well?

ID: 27   Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, CrownCityMisfit said:

Thanks for sharing JV. This moment could not have come soon enough. Looks incredible. Can't wait to upgrade. 

[runs to A2A forum to see if planes are compatible]

No need to run... A2A has already stated they will give us FREE upgrades of all their planes to 64bit v4 :D

Edited by walterg74

ID: 28   Posted

Everything is clickable in VR natively now.

ID: 29   Posted

1 minute ago, walterg74 said:

No need to run... A2A has already stated they will give us FREE upgrades of all their planes to 64bit v4 :D

Outstanding!  Huge win!  Thank you.

ID: 30   Posted

That sounds really good, will most likely get that one as soon as I can. Orbx and A2A are pretty much the only addons I use these days, so very good news!

Looks awesome as well!

ID: 31   Posted

Woah, I can finally buy the rest of the Orbx Airports around Puget Sound without OOMing!

ID: 32   Posted

Got to say a big "thank you" to JV and all the other ORBX folk. The combination of the current sale and a tax rebate means I have just gotten hold of all the ORBX products I didn't have so I was already in Pig-in-S**t mode anyway, and now to hear that v4 is (almost) here, AND my Lancair Legacy will work in it? It just doesn't get any better! (I'm assuming Elvis is not going to show up to play at my place next weekend and the young Sophia Loren is not going to show either)

ID: 33   Posted

The terrain and Autogen LOD look amazing... this was the worst aspect of V3 for me, so I'm very happy to see this. I also looked at a video showing the dynamic lighting at an airport after dark, and it looks incredible, with light sources interacting.

ID: 34   Posted

Any plans to update Orbx street lights for dynamic lighting?

ID: 35   Posted

19 minutes ago, walterg74 said:

Okay, it's all turning out perfect...P3D v4, Orbx and A2A...it just doesn't get any better than that.

ID: 36   Posted

1 minute ago, Sniper31 said:

Okay, it's all turning out perfect...P3D v4, Orbx and A2A...it just doesn't get any better than that.

My thoughts exactly. I can be patient with everything else if I have to. 

ID: 37   Posted

8 minutes ago, JasonW said:

Any plans to update Orbx street lights for dynamic lighting?

No, the dynamic lights are limited to 256 sources per scene and at altitude you can potentially see up to 50,000 3D light points with our lighting system which would cripple the sim if they were dynamic.

What you WILL see is the new dynamic lighting being added to new airport projects which will likely include street lighting close to the airport. It's up to each developer to patch existing Orbx airports to add dynamic lighting but don't count on that happening soon.

ID: 38   Posted

Thanks John, I hadnt really thought about it from the performance aspect.

ID: 39   Posted

I just got the dreaded OOM pings so i shut down P3D in anger. Thought I would check the forums here and saw this great announcement.

Kudos to LM and of course to you guys at Orbx who work tirelessly to enhance our enjoyment and immersion in this great hobby.

Many thanks

ID: 40   Posted

Thanks for this enlightening preview!