Tommy Bernes

Twin Oaks Pictures

47 posts in this topic

Hello!

As i Am currently a flight student at Hillsboro Aviation in Oregon, i thought it would be cool to take a trip down to Twin Oaks and see how that field really is! And what a charming little strip, loved it! And great job ORBX on the scenery, looks just like it in the sim!

This post is in Norwegian originally, havent got time to translate it, but i guess its the pictures that matters in the end!

Enjoy!

Når eg endelig hadde kommet frem etter stort sett flate veier hele veien, er det flott å avslutte med en bratt bakke, hurra!

Posted Image

Twin Oaks, bane 20

Posted Image

Et lite Overview!

Posted Image

En virkelig flott Beaver som desverre eller heldigvis står mere enn den flyr. Beaveren på flottører var mye større enn hva eg hadde trodd.

Posted Image

Synes ORBX gjorde en god jobb med å lage sceneryet, det lignet veldig!

Posted Image

En flott metallic Cessna!

Posted Image

Posted Image

En Vans RV av et eller annet slag.

Posted Image

Posted Image

De har en liten Skycatcher som står fast på Twin Oaks

Posted Image

Vanndråper er fint med 100-400, de blir liksom så store!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Liker å bare tusle rundt på sånne små striper og ta inn atmosfæren og prate med folk, snakka med en eldre kar som eide en bonanza, mulig eg får vere med å fly denne en gang.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Gamle skjønnheter!

Posted Image

En annen bebygger på Twin Oaks, en Cessna 210

Posted Image

En Vans RV-9 2009 modell kom imot meg.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tom, som han hette, kom igjen med Bonanzaen sin

Posted Image

Herlig fly!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mooney er ikke så veldig stor, men Beaver er mye større

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mmmm

Posted Image

Veldig flott syn!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Liker blanke spinnere

Posted Image

Sjekka opp hvor gammelt dette flyet var, og det ble bygd i 1941!

Posted Image

Tilbake til den fargerike Rv'en

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dersom eg bare kunne flydd den... En dag!

Posted Image

Flott liten plass!

Posted Image

Dette er vel det Amerika er alt om, GA og stor bil!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Flott maskin!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Jaggu hadde ikke Bob funnet fram sin flotte Piper Cub, Herlig maskin!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hva er ikke bedre enn dette!

Posted Image

Bob Skulle ut på Luftetur!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Flott fly!

Posted Image

Sparer på bitene mens man tar bilder, det gjelder å ikke spise den for fort!

Posted Image

Ferdig på teknisk sjekk og ut på en testrunde. Lyden i en C185 er ikke annet enn helt rå!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sier det igjen, ORBX gjorde en god jobb med å lage denne stripa i FSX

Posted Image

Posted Image

Da var vi ved veis ende og turen gikk tilbake til Hillsboro, kanskje neste serie blir fra luften, håper det!

Posted Image

Hoped you enjoyed them, and tell me if you liked them!

Cheers!

Tommy :D

What a talent you have! Brilliant set of shots! Thanks heaps for sharing!

Holy crap! Amazing shots!

I wonder if you take some time of your school schedule to tell me what camera equipment you use? I've got a Canon 400D with 17-85mm ef-s lens and I can't get anywhere near that clarity/quality. I've tried, sharpening in-camera and in GIMP using unsharp mask. Here's one (a bit overexposed) on our ramp in Duluth but nowhere near the quality of yours. Do you have any tips?

Posted Image

Beautiful! God Jobb in English or Norwegian! The shots of the Piper Cub "Tumbleweed" are outstanding. Hope to visit Twin Oaks myself someday.

Spectacular shots! Some real BOKEH in there! I was really surprised when I saw the Cub! Thanks for sharing!

Clem

I wonder if you take some time of your school schedule to tell me what camera equipment you use? I've got a Canon 400D with 17-85mm ef-s lens and I can't get anywhere near that clarity/quality. I've tried, sharpening in-camera and in GIMP using unsharp mask. Here's one (a bit overexposed) on our ramp in Duluth but nowhere near the quality of yours. Do you have any tips?

Thanks!

Been quite a lot of experimenting with my camera and Photoshop over the years as i have been a Spotter back in Norway, and i think i have found an ok Compromise between amount of editing and effects. My camera gear is compromising of an Canon EOS 7D camera, Sigma 10mm fisheye, 10-20mm Windeangle lens. Canon 24-105L F4 lens, Canon 70-200L F2.8 Zoom lens and Canon 100-400mm L lens. As you see, quite some expensive gear.

It is hard to just explain what i do, its almost like a Batch process now, done it som many times :) But over the years been reading many tutorials. Firstly i shoot all my pictures in RAW and i am using Photoshop CS5, I usually adjust the white balance, adjust exposure and recovery sliders, and black levels. Also the contrast slider, clarity and vibrance some time, Also there i an menu called Lens corrections, i ALWAYS use that one, i gets rid of vignetting and and chromatic abberation.

Also when i get "into" Photoshop, i use normally two rounds of unsharpen mask at

Also i love this effect: http://layersmagazin...ed-filters.html

Give this a try and experiment to find what suites you the best!

Cheers!

Beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing. It's cool to see what real aircraft are using that airport.

As i Am currently a flight student at Hillsboro Aviation in Oregon

I just submitted an Resume and application to be an instructor there! Still waiting to hear back from them... Maybe you could put in a good word for a fellow ORBX nut?! ;)

Those are great pics! I haven't been out to 7S3 in a year or so, and it's interesting to see the little things that change. A coat of paint here, some new plants there... thanks for sharing.

It's also been a while since I've been out to Starks. Thanks for the sweet pictures. You have a lot of talent.

Great set of photo's, thanks so much for sharing. Some shots I had to look twice to see if they were real or orbx ::)

Cheers

Wonderful pictures! Very nice, man, very nice :)

Wow, Thanks for all the response, :D It's Good you guys like them, maybe i'll post more pictures here as i go! :D

I just submitted an Resume and application to be an instructor there! Still waiting to hear back from them... Maybe you could put in a good word for a fellow ORBX nut?!

Getting an instructor job there, i don't really think that is a problem now. They're screaming for fixed wing instructors ;) Maybe i'll see you there some day! :D

Great set of photo's, thanks so much for sharing. Some shots I had to look twice to see if they were real or orbx ::)

Cheers

Same here, all great shots. Esp loved the Cub shots.

Hey they built an airport based on Bills scenery?!

:D

Cracking pics sir.

Super photos! Thanks. ::)

I saved it all.

Well done i really enjoyed looking at these shots very much.

cheers

Iain

Very nice! Thanks for sharing.

Great set of shots, I'm envious you got to see, what some of us only manage in the sim. Thanks for sharing

Taph

Talk about some really amazing stuff here! These are really great pictures. I can't thank you enough for posting them, I've really enjoyed viewing these.

Wow!!! You are really a very talented photographer! Great set of pictures!

Thanks for sharing! 8)

Thanks Guys! I'm amazed over the response here, goes way past the response on the Norwegian forums where I also posted my pictures! :D Awesome!

Thanks!

Been quite a lot of experimenting with my camera and Photoshop over the years as i have been a Spotter back in Norway, and i think i have found an ok Compromise between amount of editing and effects. My camera gear is compromising of an Canon EOS 7D camera, Sigma 10mm fisheye, 10-20mm Windeangle lens. Canon 24-105L F4 lens, Canon 70-200L F2.8 Zoom lens and Canon 100-400mm L lens. As you see, quite some expensive gear.

Wow. All that L glass whew! I thought about getting that 24-105 initially but it was too much so I went for the 17-85 (still very good) Also I only have GIMP but at some point I'll look at PS.

Enjoyed them a lot. Keep posting if you get time!

Cheers!

Oh wow! Absoultely amazing! Thanks for sharing ;)

Great pictures I enjoyed them very much.

And also congratulations to Bill. Now after seeing some pics of this amazing place I can worship his work with his scenery even more :)

Thank you very much Tommy! These pics are great. I hope it inspires others to take post real photos of Orbx scenery.

These are superb shots. Please keep the coming.

Had missed this set. Well done Tommy!

Great photos. You're a good photographer. Thanks for sharing.

If these photos were used in a "Guess the Orbx airport" quiz we would have all guessed straight away as Bill Womack has done such a great job.

Hi Tommy,

Your photos are a real treat, thank you for sharing your fine work. It all felt very familiar after having recently visited Twin Oaks for the first time. I went on a Monday and there were just a few planes around and only a couple took off or landed so I will plan to get over there again soon and maybe catch some of those great planes you shot.

Good luck on your training and thanks again for sharing with an enthusiast who only dreams of piloting a real plane.

good flights, Cal