John Venema

Introducing PeopleFlow 2

86 posts in this topic

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AJwVBwHGWY&hd=1

Posted Image

When I tasked Russ White with the PeopleFlow project last year, he hit the ball out of the park and blew us all away with his now-adorable toons we've come to love (I know I have, hehe!).

Russ is now finishing off the Ketchikan SP and will be also focusing on Stewart and Bella Coola - eagerly awaited airports for the FTX Pacific Fjords region.

So I needed another Orbx team member to continue where Russ left off. And we found that person in Jorge Amengol who is a recent graduate living in beautiful Brazil. Jorge has won us over with his enthusiasm and prowess at pushing the boundaries of the FSX animation system, and indeed extending it far beyond what it was designed for. Witness his superb work at S43 Harvey with the hot air balloons and vehicles, and then his tractor-mower and police cars at 0S9 Jefferson. Also remember his work on the 1WA6 Fall City patch, where we saw vehicles with physics for the first time.

So in in 2012, I'm tasking Jorge with the project to greatly extend and enhance PeopleFlow and also introduce many other new technologies to our sceneries and airports. These will work equally as well in FSX and Prepar3D.

We're excited about the possibilities!

Wow, that's awesome :D

And there is no extra fps impact? (of course not ;D)

Brilliant work! I sincerely hope she can be found on some of the Firetower helipads in PNW...

Thanks Orbx!

JV, you better do some gender balancing..perhaps a male spanish flamenco dancer..we don't want the chequebook controllers (at least in my case anyway) getting angry :P

The announcement of the day. That is amazing!

No other FSX add-on companies can compete with ORBX!

The announcement of the day. That is amazing!

No other FSX add-on companies can compete with ORBX!

What he said!

Cheers,

Noel.

Great work, but it needs a few small touches. (1) at least one plane crashing into another parked plane as the pilot ogles the dancing babe; and (2) a people flow version of a middle aged woman storming out of the restaurant, and bashing her husband for sitting at the table and watching the show. Can't wait for the rest of the new figures. Mike Gutierrez. North Hollywood, California.

exciting stuff!

and great to see YouTube has come to their senses again :)

Amazing! Great work there Jorge! I clicked on it and sat in disbelief as the dancers movements (esp hands) were so smooth I thought someone has managed to inject this into a video. Didn't believe it was part of FSX at first! Simply outstanding. Can't wait to see what comes out of this new tech. Way to go JV and ORBX..!!!

I think I've fallen in love all over again, how about an introduction. 8)

Zorba Dance please!

Stunning you never cease to amaze :o

Taph

Hey JV, does the new People flow come with a printed copy of 'How to become a successful Flamenco dancer?' :D

Awesome work Jorge, well done mate, looks terrific and i'm very glad you've taken the baton :)

Russ.

Yes, Its clever in fact brilliant. As a consumer though do I really need it in a flight simulator?

Seriously that is insane!! I want to see more in FSX, how bout an active baseball game in a nearby sports field? :P

Yes, Its clever in fact brilliant. As a consumer though do I really need it in a flight simulator?

Sure, I think at first glance that's a valid question. However, if you don't take my affectionate jibe too much to heart from my earlier post, I think the vid is a great example of the true potential of what can be done. And yes, with the greatest respect to Russ, as he's done a sterling job with people flow, as with all things, there is always room for improvement. So while I'm sure none of us would particulalrly favour Flamenco dancing ground crew, I'm sure we'd all appreciate the next jump in realism at our favourite airports. My only concern is, as with all Orbx airports, while they are simply the finest available, I feel some are becoming too demanding for even the highest performing hardware that many of us run. Which begs the question, will this be another element in the CP that will be unticked. :unsure:

As a consumer though do I really need it in a flight simulator?

Well, apart from this mysterious spanish dancer thing (are you guys smoking :) ? ), the new logo let think there might be some ground controllers in this 2nd version, which would be great for immersion.

That is trully amazing stuff you guys. That lady will go down in Orbx History.

Right now, I love taxiing at the FTX airports that have the 'Flow' tech applied to them. The ATC is constantly telling me to "keep moving please" ::).

I am looking forward to when we have "Pilot Flow" : (Senario) You press [Ctrl-Shift-whatever] key combo and 'You' - the "Pilot Flow" - walks upto 'your' a/c then opens the door and hops in. You then press [F9] and you get on with your flight checks. Even a virtual 'walk-around' before you start would be tops.

Keep 'em 'Flow'ing Orbx .... Well done team.

And the bald headed old coot didn't even turn his head to watch. Sour old so-and-so (or for NAmericans SOB).

Watch this Jorge closely, will he give us an age choice. Will he do some real X-rated stuff? May be an early shot from the Mile High Club??

Thank you guys!

About the "need" of this in a Flight Simulator, the dancing is just a sample of what is possible with this technology. It means that we will have much more natural animations from now on and sooner this tech will be a standard.

Regarding performance, People Flow 2.0 won't be so different from what we already have! :). In fact, Some LOD systems will be implemented when possible, turning it even lighter.

@Russ. Thank you. Your files were my introducing to human animations! :)

Jorge.

Great stuff John but I can´t understand the ignorant people sitting at the tables not even having one eye for the dancing beauty ( well the chap with the beer might have one to much already ).

Cheers, Guenther ::)

Party night at the Spruce goose, love it looks very natural.

Great stuff John but I can´t understand the ignorant people sitting at the tables not even having one eye for the dancing beauty ( well the chap with the beer might have one to much already ).

Cheers, Guenther ::)

I figured out I was missing the required Flash plugin here, so I guess the beauty will be revealed tonight on my home computer ;)

Anyway, great news (and btw, I can't wait for Kangaroos flow ^_^ , please !).

Great work, but it needs a few small touches. (1) at least one plane crashing into another parked plane as the pilot ogles the dancing babe; and (2) a people flow version of a middle aged woman storming out of the restaurant, and bashing her husband for sitting at the table and watching the show. Can't wait for the rest of the new figures. Mike Gutierrez. North Hollywood, California.

LMAO tanker50!

About to buy my first orbx addon and this video clinched the deal! AWESOME!

Sorry to be a kill joy but I would much sooner see a ground "crew" guy come to show me where to park or stick my wheel chocks in than some dance as nice as she is dancing a café.

Sorry to be a kill joy but I would much sooner see a ground "crew" guy come to show me where to park or stick my wheel chocks in than some dance as nice as she is dancing a café.

+1 for sure!

Hi Dave. The dancing is just a presentation of the technology! You'll see much more of what you thinking in 2012.

Cheers,

Jorge.

Hi Dave. The dancing is just a presentation of the technology! You'll see much more of what you thinking in 2012.

Cheers,

Jorge.

+1 oh that is very good!

John,

Have you considered adding my DJ Services? A great DJ makes the party. ::)

Hey have any of you orbx developers got her phone number by any chance, shes pretty hot imho.

Thanks in advance

Paul

I tip my hat guys......Awesome work.......Keep up the great work of reviving FSX.....You guys ROCK!!!!

Nice work guys this will be lots of fun! :DJorge love the fact that you picked dancing to show of the moment of the animation very nice ^_^

Cheers,

Jorge.

So...the possibility of 'smart peopleflow' is not just a wish? It would be fantastic to have a marshaller or ramp crew greet your aircraft as it taxies in, and helps park...that kind of interaction as a part of peopleflow would be spectacular

The video is a tech demo only, showing how we can use motion capture data within FSX/P3D. I can make a simple patch installer for 0S9 if you guys want to see it for yourself?

We are putting Jorge on full-time staff, so his mission this year is to explore infinite possibilities for animation systems within the sim, so yes, that likely includes marshallers at larger airports and many other uses of this tech.

I think I shall soon see emu,s crossing that desolate out back runway In OZ and perhaps sheep being herded by dogs in NZ and maybe even cows in PNW NRM and CRM......if you guys can make that girl move like that !!!

oooh yeah!! animals crossing runways would be awesome, would give whole new meaning to bush flying!

so.. motion capture.. so you guys do it like the movies do? where you have someone wear a blacksuit with little tracking balls on all there joints and then video tape it in the dark then basically texture the joint skeleton?