baltzer

Is this how YMER is meant to look like

25 posts in this topic

Unfortunately yes that's as good as it's going to get. Merimbula is an older OZX strip which looks it uses Google Earth imagery which is very poor but the only source available. You can verify this by having a look at YMER in GE - the imagery is overly bright and very fuzzy.

Greg

Thanks Greg

Allways good and fast answers on this forum

Had an earlier post re Merimbula.

Here's a jpeg of mine.

Looks quite different from yours?

I have AU SP 4.002 and 12024 libs.

Edwin Brown Keremeos BC Canada

Posted Image

Hi Edwin,

That looks to be the default YMER runway - ie without OZX installed.

Greg

Are you saying that I should have some other addon to go with AU SP 4.002?

I have Ants Ausie Airports & the Olgas/Ayers Rock installed.

Thanks for the info.

Edwin Brown Keremeos BC Canada.

Hi Edwin,

OZx is an independent freeware addon that adds around 300 small Australian airports and farm strips all designedd to integrate with the FTX AU regions. If you're interested go to http://aussiex.org/forum/ and jump on their forums for more info and support.

Of course it's entirely optional!

Hope this helps,

Greg

Once you have the OZx version. you will find that the addition of a few trees tend to "soften the blow" a little. email me and I will send you the tree file. Teecee.

Posted Image

I do not know why, but the screenie is not showing in the last post.. just click on the "posted" link and it will load.. slowly. Teecee.

The Pic's showing for me fine Teecee... ok it took a little longer to load but only a couple of minutes.

Deftinatley looks better with Trees, but with Moruya YMRY just down the coast a bit, I'm still using Merimbula as an overflight point to get to Moruya rather than a destination in it's own right :P

http://aussiex.org/f...zx-ymry-moruya/

Moruya is brilliantly done. drool-worthy.

(And why isn't this thread on the OZx forum lol)

(And why isn't this thread on the OZx forum lol)

Because the original poster did not kow abour Ozx I believe. Teecee.

First poster has the YMER from OZx (or something that looks like it).

However one person at least didn't know about it (screenshot of default airport with FTX) so at least there is that, maybe one more person that may now have been made aware. With any luck they now have awesome scenery for places like YWYY YSMI YCOM YYNG YTMU YCAS YSCN and so on (all of these places, plus many many more come with OZx).

teecee & hopskip, now have all the orbx files & libs installed and in place in the FSX library.

Certainly does make for much better looking scenery.

Thanks for the heads up.

Edwin Brown Keremeos BC Canada.

It would be great if someone could come up with a realistic looking YMER (Merimbula, NSW far south coast) my home town airport and the only place I can claim to have landed a real aircraft (with helpful advice from an instructor). You have to go back to FS2002/04 for a representation of YMER that is even close to real life. I guess I am biased but it is in a spectacular coastal setting and has a 6100 ft jet capable runway and would benefit greatly from the Orbx touch or something similar.

Bruceb

Hi all,

To the initial question, ummm no.

This is my first forum post and I had to jump in on this one. I had the same problem and for a long time was unhappy with the default and any other scenery that I could find, although Orbx do a great job of landclass and OZx improves some of the airport, I decided to make my own scenery. I have just uploaded it to OZx in 3rd party downloads. http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/2453-merimbula-ymer-nsw/ Its made from actual photos when I was there (its near my home town of Tathra) and sattelite imagery, although as mentioned they are not the best and far from perfect. I am also in the process of making an update with new photo textures and 3D models done in FSDS so watch that space if you like what I have done. Any feedback welcome.

Happy flying! JohnO

Hi John,

Looks like your link is not correct : would you please check it, so that we can enjoy your work :) ?

Fixed the link above. Now trying to figure out how to add a pic to the forums?

Figured it out!

Posted Image

And finally a shot of the new version (YMER V1.2) that I am currently working on about 70% complete.

Posted Image

Hi John - looks good, but I still cannot get the link to work.

Cheers

All you guys are awesome , at FTX , OZx and others.

Your products make the flight simulator a fantastic delight to fly in.

A big heart felt thanks for your work and efforts.

Cheers

Karol

And finally a shot of the new version (YMER V1.2) that I am currently working on about 70% complete.

Posted Image

Winning.

That's seriously very nice. Looking forward to getting it installed. Love the little bridge too.

Quoted with picture so we can see it on page 2 of this thread too. 8)

Have installed this scenery and a big improvement over what I previously had but I don't seem to have the background satellite imagery - suggestions appreciated.

Bruce