wombat

cant access Orbx FTX

14 posts in this topic

I click on the FTX icon at the top of the page and I get this 'Firefox can't find the file at http://www.fullterrain.com/.' what is wrong, it's been like this all day, I have restarted a few times, running Vista and firefox.

Sounds like an old dns cache

Open a command prompt, and type ipconfig /flushdns

Also make sure your browser cache is emptied.

Firefox here, no issues.

Hi Ian,

That did not help, I will do a full virus check.

Is that the exact error?

'Firefox can't find the file' sounds like an internal FF issue to me, some sort of ad blocker or something like that.

Please do away with FireFox and really take back the Net and go Linux... kidding ;) Go Chrome though :)

Virus check done, nothing found, it could be my Dell laptop, because it does not happen on my desktop system, do you really reckon Chrome is better, Jay ?

using Chrome many moons now wouldn't trade it in for any other browser out there :)

I could not live without Chrome, cross platform which has never let me down and fast as anything :)

Thanks guys, I installed Chrome and now have access to FTX pages, so it had to be something to do with Firefox. will stick with Chrome looks good and as you say Jay very fast.

Once again thanks for your help

No problem mate :)

Just to clarify. FF works fine for the FTX website.

I have Chrome, and it is nice but it seems to have issues with Some digital certificates, and the Javascript Applet the ATO uses.

Sent with Tapatalk for iPhone

Nothing wrong with Firefox, it works perfectly fine on the FTX website ;)

Just updated FF to ver 11 and still the same problem, will stick with Chrome, then I can blame Jay if anything goes wrong ::)

it is not only FTX website there are other ones

Sounds like something corrupt in the browser cache. Its the user data, so updating the prog won't fix it. Not a browser incompatibility if others can use it fine.

In any case, you have a solution.

So much ado about browsers, but I find most work well for me. Internet Explorer 9 does some odd things to legacy pages, and IPB hates it it would seem, but really I do think there is a great deal of fuss, over very little.

hi Ian, I can use it ok on my desktop system, it's only on the Dell laptop that I have this problem, as you say I have a solution using Chrome so not a big problem.

before posting my question I did delete all cookies, deleted temp files & did a disk clean up and that did not help, may think of deleting it and do a reinstall that may fix it, but I am happy with Chrome at the current time.

Thanks all you guys who have suggested solutions.