NOTE: Please Set FTX Central To "North America" before installing this patch!
This "patch" is actually more like a new version given that it includes substantial updates to several key components such as the road and railroad network (including bridges), powerline corridors, and the terrain mesh along the BC/Alberta border. It also contains completely new features such as 20 unlisted airstrips, 2 heliports, and dozens of cabins, lodges, and lookouts accurately placed in their real-world locations. For a complete list of all enhancements and fixes please refer to "FTX NA BLUE NRM SP1 User Guide.pdf" included in the service pack.
New and enhanced content in NRM SP1 (for specific locations see the Google Earth file "FTX NRM Coverage and Features Map.kmz" in \ORBX\User Documents):
* substantial updates to road and railroad networks including bridges, tunnel portals, and better flattening
* new powerline network with cutlines and custom model for high-tension powerline pylons
* 20 additional unlisted airstrips in Alberta, British Columbia, and Washington State
* 2 new heliports: CEW9 (Canmore Municipal Heliport Heli) and CAB7 (Kelowna (Alpine) Heli)
* enhancements and bug fixes at many NRM airports
* 39 backcountry lodges and cabins, 71 Parks Canada Warden cabins, and 13 BC fire lookouts, placed in their real-world locations
* 20 additional ski areas including Sun Peaks, Silver Star, Big White, Revelstoke, Kimberley, Mount Spokane, Schweitzer, and Big Mountain
* new terrain mesh files for the BC/Alberta border areas; no more odd "cliffs" along the provincial boundary
* improved representation of the hydro dams, open pit mines, and snowfields in the coverage area
* dynamic falling water and spray effects at Helmcken Falls in Wells Gray Provincial Park, BC
* updated rooftop texture file to deal with "flat gables" on industrial buildings outside of ORBX regions
Edits and bug fixes in NRM SP1:
* added Cranbrook runway extension: http://www.orbxsyste...-runway-length/
* removed duplicate windsock at CYBW Springbank: http://www.orbxsyste...efault-at-cybw/
* added bridges along US Interstates and highways: http://www.orbxsyste.../39656-bridges/ (and others)
* fixed roads west of Jasper: http://www.orbxsyste...50-nrm-repairs/
* fixed roads near Edson: http://www.orbxsyste...-nrm-road-work/
* fixed trench in Priest River: http://www.orbxsyste...st-mun-airport/
* removed land bridges across water bodies along international boundary: http://www.orbxsyste...northern-idaho/ (and others)
* improved placement of Moraine Lake: http://www.orbxsyste...-this-intended/
* improved representation of Helmcken Falls, Wells Gray Provincial Park, and Takakkaw Falls, Yoho National Park: http://www.orbxsyste...ak-suggestions/
* removed vector streams from Calgary's urban areas: http://www.orbxsyste...ply-for-holger/
* adjusted forestry cutblock files to prevent ntdll.dll crashes for RealityXP users: http://www.orbxsyste...post__p__243244
* fixed texture issues near CYVK Vernon: http://www.orbxsyste...post__p__375188
* added snowfield polygons in Montana and at Mount Robson: http://www.orbxsyste...27285-glaciers/
* fixed terrain mesh anomalies along BC/Alberta boundary: http://www.orbxsyste...mesh-anomalies/ (and others)
or download it from the Orbx Google Drive by clicking on the cloud below:
Download is approx. 831mb
Important: Before you install NRM SP1 make sure you have FTX Central set to "North America"!
Unzip OrbxFTXNABlueNRMPatch001.zip and run OrbxFTXNABlueNRMPatch001.exe. It should find the correct location of your FSX installation. Once the installation has completed FTXCentral should load automatically set to Default FSX; click on "North America", then "Apply", and exit.