Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Charlie P.

Quick Question About "No More Sales"

14 posts in this topic

I'm sure this question may have been asked before. But I was just wondering that if this also applies to the vendors. Will they also be under the same restriction? Or will they still be able to have their own little sales here and there? I ask this because this will obviously play a role in a lot of my (along with many others I'm sure) future purchases, in terms of dictating which addons I will be looking at down the road. Thank you in advance for any and all answers to this question!

Orbx does not sell DVDs, only official resellers do.

We have no control over what price they sell DVDs at, we simply sell DVDs to them at a wholesale price. Therefore it is entirely possible that resellers discount DVDs to compete for your business.

I stress that Orbx has zero influence on any sales or discounts offered.

Finally, we may reduce the prices of some of our products which have been on sale for over 12 months. This would be a permanent reduction, not a sale.

Thank you for getting back to me on this Mr. Venema.

I was personally wondering about the downloads myself, as I do not order DVDs. I fully understand the DVD side of things. Will this same model apply to the download portion of the vendor's distribution as well?

Only Orbx offers downloads, currently va our nominated outlet FSS. So no, there will be no more discounts or sales regarding the download products. As I said, some prices may be adjusted downwards to reflect "legacy" Orbx products.

I am still learning something new everyday. Thanks again for clearing this up for me Mr. Venema! I greatly appreciate it. O0 Maybe now I'll be paying more attention to the DVD side of things after all lol. Keep up the great work, as your team is second to none in the quality of everything you bring to this community of virtual aviation!

I don't mind the no more sales aspect, but I do miss the 15% discount for prepay. ;)

I don't mind the no more sales aspect, but I do miss the 15% discount for prepay. ;)

Hear, hear! 8) That is a rather nice wee nugget that we've benefitted from in the past. Have always liked it as well as taken advantage of it.

Well the good thing is that you can still use that extra 5% off from the oz forums too. I think that overall this is still software that is in its own class all together. I still remember my very first Orbx purchase (roughly a year ago now, give or take a week), and the feeling I got when I first saw this amazing scenery inside of my very own FSX world of virtual aviation...I was speechless in so many ways. It reminded me of growing up as a child and having that new toy at home, the one that you couldn't wait to get home to play with. Well to be honest I still get that very same feeling when loading the sim up at a new Orbx airport or region that I've just got done installing. Its just got so much more character and life to it than I had ever dreamed I would see inside of good old FSX. Obviously as a consumer in this market, I will be paying more attention to the price of Download vs. DVD (with different vendors) to get the best deal possible for my future purchases. But I am still way beyond being more than happy with the "full price" too. The software itself has always gone above and beyond what I had ever expected it would offer, and will continue, in my opinion, to be a really great deal for what I'm paying for it vs. what I receive in return....all those endless hours of enjoying it. Think about it...for that price you get really great stuff that you can use for as long as you've got a computer laying around with a sim installed. O0 O0 O0

Unfortunately the end of sales and pre-pay discounts will reduce my airport purchases.

$35 (USD) for each airport really adds up fast. Especially when entire games can be had for under $40. (DCS-A-10 or Black Shark $39.99 or IL-2 COD $35)

I'm certain that I'll be buying more of Orbx's superb products. Just not as many. :-[

I'm certain that I'll be buying more of Orbx's superb products. Just not as many. :-[

Same here.

Same here but such is life... Imagine a world where everyone had everything they wanted....

I'll continue to buy & support ORBX with all that I can afford in my budget apportioned to FSX, just means I have to prioritise & limit what, where & when I buy.

That's why I have already decided to focus on buying regions as they are released then any $'s left over will go towards local Oceania scenery/airports or anything unique & mind-blowing, think Stewart 2cm/pixel etc.

Even doing that I'll have enough scenery to last more than a lifetime & provide many hours of enjoyment that can't me measured in $'s. Tks ORBX. :)

I'll still buy most, if not all; of their releases. Just may have to wait a while for some. :-[

Unfortunately the end of sales and pre-pay discounts will reduce my airport purchases.

Same here