John Venema

ANNOUNCEMENT
24 hour delay on KJAC Jackson Hole, will be released late on June 1st

9 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I'd like to apologise in advance for a slight delay with KJAC Jackson Hole; we are aiming for a release today perhaps later this evening. We are uploading to the servers now and will make sure it is on all nodes before hitting the switch. We don't want a repeat of Wednesday's W16 launch, even though the intention there was to provide an earlier release to eager customers on a single node.

Download size will be 4.1GB spread across three installers. Consider this a "mini region" because Jarrad has included the photoreal Grand Tetons.

Final testing reported most excellent FPS, easily in the 20-40+ range (depending on PC specs), and only a moderate loss of FPS when using the NGX. We think KJAC may be the new FBO for many customers!

Great news JV, will stay tuned for the release :)

Thank you for this post JV. This is a product I am looking to own upon release. Good news to hear about size and nodes.

Super, I'll be watching. Thanks.

Thanks for the heads up JV, it's only 4:30 pm here in San Diego, USA so I'll be checking for the next 4 - 6 hours before hitting the rack ::)

Cheers

Martin

Thanks JV.

All good things............ ::)

Best

Henrik

I will start my download ... And keep the servers busy as I go to bed ... This one is going to be BIG for OzrBX ...

Sory big for ORBX that should read ..

I will have sweet dreams tonight. It's worth the wait.

I got caught up in the release of W16 on a single node with D/L rates at an awful 18 kps. So backed off, waited a day and and got her in house today with no trouble.

Trouble is Jackson Hole is so high on my list, I am not sure how long I can hold off before whacking the D/L button. I'm gonna try but it ain't going to be easy. The only thing I have in my favor is it's the first round of the NCAA Women's softball world series (US) but even 4 games a day leaves me time to sneak in and try. 8)

Patience Grass Hopper, patience, patience