Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Neptune6

[FSX] DX .10 User

13 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am on DX.10 http://forum.avsim.net/topic/376140-dx10-flashing-runways-experimental-shader/page__st__50#entry2391707 and now i don"t return to DX.9

just a an replay to my experiences on ORBX scenery.. looks the cheminey and barbecue the smook stobe and some grass only at 2WA8 in front the cessna apear look at the scrren !

Posted Image

does, i cant ti change for a good texture ?

and how! are you doing for this henacemant Script ' STEVE JP ?

thanks

and best regards

Neptune

Hi,

Put this question on Avsim FSX forum.

It's a FSX problem and Steve is working on it.

Neptune,

if you will search these forums for problems with DX10 you will find that as it plainly states in FSX, DX10 is a demonstration mode ONLY. If you insist on using it with FSX and FTX scenery you will experience various texture errors due to DX10 not being a complete mode. FTX scenery was developed for use with DX9 which is the proper mode to use in FSX. Using DX10 will always cause these little problems your experiencing and can not be solved due to the program code itself.

As noted in the first answer you can go to the AVSIM FSX forum which may provide more information on the use of DX10.

Helo,

ok with this effect i don't wan't return to DX9 .. it's just a little kind .but now i resolve the 2 apparences himself last days

Thank you guys

Neptune

EDIT

a screen its resolved Posted Image

Neptune, can you share what you did to fix it. I am interested in DX 10, as I am trying to get better performance also, thank you.

I was enjoying DX10 on conventional scenery areas. However, Orbx runways disappeared in some airports. A few extra FPS was not worth the loss of ANY bit of the high quality Orbx pours into their work. 20% more FPS versus full Orbx - bye DX10 forever.

As mentioned above, over at AVSim DX10 is making a bit of a come back.

Certainly worth reconsidering in light of some of the fixes Steve has come up with.

/>http://forum.avsim.net/topic/376140-dx10-flashing-runways-experimental-shader/page__st__50#entry2391707

gb.

Hi guys i'm french and i do a tuto to instal and all steps to do for DX10

If you instal on AVSIM FORUM it' very good

somme way you do to rectifie for LIGHT plane problème STROBE and TAXI LIGHT to rexolve the water in FSX you push right to maxi 2X

and it's resolved the problème

if youy understand the frensh my topic TUTO is here http://www.pilote-virtuel.com/viewtopic.php?id=45694 and allespérience FRIENDS reports

and french forum AVSIM Jean PAUL MES and STEVE JP reports http://forum.avsim.net/topic/376158-dx10-preview-on-va-y-arriver-mis-a-jour-le-87/

ONE thing missing on AVSIM

go to your FSX CFG and delete the linea [DISPALY] GRPAHIC CARD ....ATI or Nvidia.xxxxxxx .0

this .0 is for DX9 only this line

just conserv line with at the is 0.0 this is DX10

Some tweak for CCC ATI and NVIDIA INSPECTOR for AA are necessaries http://www.pilote-virtuel.com/viewtopic.php?id=45112

Best REGARDS

PATRICK ALIAS NEPTUNE

Little fixes or not, there will never be the day that fsx can fully run in dx10 with all of our addons these days. The list is massive, and the sacrifices huge. A couple of extra fps in exchange for little anomolies here and there just arn't worth it for me personally. But if you are able to get it whrere your able to fly with your addons in a "satisfactory" state of things, then I say a big congrats. Best wishes with everything.

some screen with DX 10

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Neptune

Little fixes or not, there will never be the day that fsx can fully run in dx10 with all of our addons these days. The list is massive, and the sacrifices huge. A couple of extra fps in exchange for little anomolies here and there just arn't worth it for me personally. But if you are able to get it whrere your able to fly with your addons in a "satisfactory" state of things, then I say a big congrats. Best wishes with everything.

Hi CHARLIE P

mu langage isn't good .... but DX10 if i try to help you to instal i think that you change your ideas on it

really there is a big gain in FSX i try it on two computeur one low config and on my racer PC

with the low AMD 940 GTS 8800 640mo MEM ddr2 4giga and FSX change her look and get better

Try it , and satisfied you are ^-^

thank you for WISHES Charlie P ! and, i think so to you !

Neptune

Sounds good Neptune. Thanks! I'll look into that then..it's hard to argue with screen shots like those. :-)

I never fly FSX without DX10 preview checked. The graphics are significantly better. And my frame rate increase is between 100% and 300%! Someone replied to this thread they see a 20% gain? My gain is much, much bigger. I'm able to push all the graphics sliders and autogen and traffic and water to the right, and I have a three-year old PC loaded with ORBX sceneries and GEX and a payware traffic program turned up to 100%. When using DX10, never target a specific FPS. That's the mistake some people make. Always set for unlimited.

I did upgrade my vid card to a GTX 580 with 3GB of video ram. That and 12 GBs of triple channel, 1600MHz RAM seemed to do the trick.

DX10 preview all the way for me. And all my add-on payware aircraft are compatible with DX10.