tphelps

What aircraft would you like to see developed for FSX?

109 posts in this topic

We all love flying over FTX's stunning terrain, whether it's jetting cross-continent at 36,000 feet or slipping into a tiny grass strip in the bush. With that said, what aircraft would you like to be flying in FSX that currently doesn't seem to be available? (Developers take note!)

Since I enjoy GA aircraft and often enjoy bush and low and slow flying, there's a great little plane that I used to have a lot of fun with in FS9, but isn't compatible with FSX. That's the Piper Tri-pacer PA-22-160 by Bill Lyons. Bill turned the humble Tri-pacer into a brilliant work of art! Does anyone remember Bill's beautiful short-winged PA-22? Amazing detail. I know there's a Tri-pacer available for FSX, but it doesn't come close to the flying experience that Bill Lyons' rendition offered. I do love tail-draggers, but I have a real soft spot for my old PA-22-160 Tri-pacer. Most people wouldn't have the "flying milk stool" PA-22 very high on their wish list, but Bill Lyons' little airplane was exceptional. I'd like to see its equivilant or better for FSX. Here's a pic (scroll all the way down): (http://forum.simflight.com/topic/38806-some-works-by-lynn-and-bill/).

So, what aircraft would you like to see developed for FSX that's missing from your hangar?

Ted

I would like a DC3. I know there is a few around but I don't feel they do the great old aircraft justice

Thanks

Bob

I would have liked to have seen a PMDG Dash 8 made by the same team that did the Jetstream 41.

They talked about it in the past but nothing has come up for a while now.

I would love to see a Jabuiru 430 made.

That would be good,

AJC

Well I have three!

1.) Piper 6XT

2,) Beechcraft Sierra

3.) A payware Maule M7

That's not asking too much is it? lol

I would like to see a high quality Twin Otter or Dash 8

Lynchie

As a relative FSX newcomer, Im rather satisfied with many of the planes available. But in the longer term, I want more steamgauges! 747-200, Alabeo can keep pumping their unique birds out. I'll buy every GA that A2A releases. Comet. PMDG pc-12??!!! Ok, I do want MOAR

I'd like to see A2A produce the B29 with accusim. A large percentage of the work has been completed with their wonderful B377.

I would have liked to have seen a PMDG Dash 8 made by the same team that did the Jetstream 41.

They talked about it in the past but nothing has come up for a while now.

Majestic Software.

I don't know much about their Dash 8-300, but their Q400 model is by Samdim where you can see many screenshots of the model there.

Majestic Software.

I don't know much about their Dash 8-300, but their Q400 model is by Samdim where you can see many screenshots of the model there.

They have been around for a while. the Q300 is basically an FS2004 model that has been crossed over to FSX. Doesn't have the sort of 3D Switches or quality found with other developers. Their Q400 model has said in development for a few years now and Bombardier only makes Q400's now as Q300's have been discontinued 4 years ago.

I would like a Piper Tri-Pacer too.

Also a C-9B and a SH-60B with the correct cockpit.

I'd like to see a company like Carenado or Realair try a Piper Meridian kitted out with the Avidyne Entegra Flight Deck.

Other than that, I'm not really too sure.

I would like to see a PMDG Dash 8 400 with all the quality that this developer would bring to such an aircraft in FSX.

Like a lot here, a dash 8 of quality would be nice. My favorite wish has always been for a Fokker Friendship

Like a lot here, a dash 8 of quality would be nice. My favorite wish has always been for a Fokker Friendship

+1 for Fokker Friendship, that is a great one. Particularly for around NZNI and NZSI:

Posted Image

Posted Image

For me it would be a B1900d. Maybe PMDG could redo theirs for FSX.

How about something refreshingly different. Quality modelled and a kind of accusim....

I would love an early large flying boat but they do not seem to be anywhere near anybody's backburner, I am not holding my breath... :)

Posted Image

Saunders Roe Princess..

Larger than the Martin Mars and heavier than the Bristol Brabazon I, the Princess prototype was flown for the first time on 22 August 1952 and spanned 66.90m with its wingtip floats retracted, weighed 156,492kg on take-off, and could attain a maximum speed of 579km/h on the power of its 10 2386kW Bristol Proteus 600 turboprop engines

oooh baby !!

Posted Image

Dehavilland Otter, Noordyn Norseman, native dash 7 and 8, aviat husky, Ilyushin Il-76, Antonov An-2 (aerosoft is working on one) ATR42-500

I wouldn't mind seeing a Jabiru 430, or a Robin 2160. Perhaps a few more ultralights.

SAAB 340, DC-8-40. CONVAIR 880/990

As many others have said I would love a Dash-8 Q400. I would also really like someone to make a new generation cessna 172 S, with or without G1000. Does anyone know what model the Real Air 172 will be based around?

Thanks,

Ollie

A piper Warrior II ( PA-28-161 ) , and a Beechcraft Mouskateer. ( B-24 )

It has always amazed me that one of most significant aircraft of the modern era , the Warrior II has not got

the full FSX treatment .

By full treatment , I mean authentic Flight model and systems , with enough fidelity that it could be fully utilised

to supplement real world pilot training .

I have the Warrior II that was made for FS9 , and while it's very , very good , it is not up to what could

be rendered in FSX.

Cheers

Karol

i will go with the flow and agree, a PMDG quality Dash 8 and also a Twin Otter. Both would be great for FSX.

smooth landings.

How about a good Airtractor- 802, and any of the Jabiru's,That is my wish list.

Regards Shaun.

SAAB 340, DC-8-40. CONVAIR 880/990

+1 for that, the 340 would be great for the upcoming SAK.

Yes I know I own one currently flying Misty fjords with misty moorings :-)

There is a nice Rockwell commander that I fly around in already, got it from simviation I think. Freeware.

I personally would love to see a Grumman widgeon for exploring the areas I like flying as well as an Avro 504 or similar. Also definately a Saab 340. The FFS one is nice though it's a shame you can't get it anymore. Mine works decently in FSX.

I would like to see a better model of the Icon A5

Posted Image

Quality Dash 8 (Majestic's is looking good, but I may be dead by the time that they release it), the PMDG 777 but after they release it, they will still be reluctant to tell us that it is on the market, and a quality CRJ 700-1000, not a rehashed FS9 model.

We have a brilliant PMDG 737, and the Flight 1 NGX 737, so no worries there AND DV there will be three quality Airbus 319 - 321 soon, although FSLabs has learned to ignore its customers just like PMDG, and Airbus Extended from Aerosoft (to be released September 4) leaves out the A319 which is the backbone of European short haul jet flying; but at least available, and although I am enjoying flying the model the BBS Airbus Prologue is still bit scratchy around the edges.

I would really like a quality Beechcraft Kingair, although the Carenado C90 is excellent.

There is more than enough singles and twins of quality for me. And as I am not into retros I am more than happy with the available range, many from Carenado. So with the lighties I can go bush flying in Orbx and anywhere in Australia.

And I am a sucker for anything that comes with a Prepar3D installer. And P3D v1.4 is to be released in the next few days. Joyous sim days ahead for all of us, P3D or retro FSX.

Oh and I agree, PMDG redo your 1900C or D into a quality FSX model. I know you hate P3D, but if you ever relent mybe a dedicated installer as well (on the 737NGX and T7 also).