Enjoy the preview!
West Yellowstone airport is situated in southwestern Montana and serves as an entrance to the oldest national park in the United States, Yellowstone National Park. The airport receives seasonal flights from Salt Lake City through SkyWest, operating under Delta Connection. As a gateway to Yellowstone, Big Sky Ski Resort, Island Park, and the Madison River, West Yellowstone serves over 4,000 passengers yearly. The airport boasts an 8400ft long runway, the longest of any HD Orbx airport in North America. At an altitude of 6649ft ASL, West Yellowstone is also the highest in elevation of any Orbx airport.
Flying in and out of West Yellowstone is a challenge of its own as the airport is situated in a bowl shaped valley that ranges from six to eight thousand feet in elevation with nearby peaks up to twelve thousand feet high. The region is considered subarctic and after the first snows in early October the airport becomes quiet until the thaw in late May. The airport is capable of handling general aviation all the way up to 747's, as evidenced by Air Force One's visit several years ago. Finally West Yellowstone has a dedicated apron for smokejumper operations that make use of P3 Orions, Basler BT-67's, and other firebomber aircraft.
Features- West Yellowstone airport in 30cm detail and 95.1 sq/mi (246.3 sq/km) of the surrounding valley including Hebgen Lake, the town of West Yellowstone, and Horse Butte in 90cm detail
- Highly detailed depiction of West Yellowstone Airport
- HD Ground Poly and apron details
- Custom ground vehicles including a complete fire and rescue crew
- Use of all current technologies including PeopleFlow 2, NatureFlow, StaticFlow, and CreatureFlow. All displayed dynamically through the powerful ObjectFlow
- Blends seamlessly with the Central Rocky Mountains region
- A short flight from Jackson Hole HD airport and the photoreal Yellowstone National Park included with Central Rocky Mountains
Stay tuned, and prepare yourself for the big sky country, there is more to come!